Join us at this year’s gathering for the Procession of Nations in downtown St. Catharines.
The Procession of Nations is a very powerful and moving part of Celebration of Nations. It displays, in glorious sight and sound, the breadth and diversity of Indigenous peoples who live within the Niagara region and who travelled long distances from across Turtle Island to participate. With that in mind, this year we encourage all those attending to bring along and proudly fly your Indigenous nation’s flag during this year’s procession on Sat 7 Sept 2019 at 10am.
As a point of solidarity and inspiration, it is vitally important that we showcase the resilient beauty of our cultures and peoples during this Celebration of Nations event!
Here are some ways in which you can participate:
1. Obtain your nation’s flag from your band council.
2. Haudenosaunee and Annishinaabe flags available to purchase online.
3. We will have the Two Row Wampum flag available for purchase at Celebration of Nations (you might want to bring along a pole or stick to which you can attach the flag).
4. We will have white ribbon sashes available for you to re-create your nation’s symbol.
5. Print out your flag on an 8X10 paper and attach it to a stick
Beginning on St. Paul Street at the main doors of the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, the route of an ancient and enduring Indigenous trail, let us proudly walk together and honour our nations! Please arrive 15mins in advance if you plan on walking in the Procession of Nations.